Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Word That Can Change Your Life!

"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."~Vivian Greene
This beautiful quote by Vivian Greene was one of my inspirations. The quote was sent to me by a friend about six months ago and I thought...that's it! We all face adversity in our life. However, it's not the adversity but how we react to it that will determine the joy and happiness in our life. During tough times do we spend too much time feeling sorry for ourselves, or can we, with gratitude...learn how to dance in the rain? It almost sounds too simple to feel important, but one word...gratitude, can change your attitude, and thus, your life forever. Sarah Breathnack said it best..."When we choose not to focus on what's missing from our lives, but are grateful for the abundance that's present...we experience heaven on earth."
It "struck a cord" unlike anything I've done in a long time. It is a message that truly connected with the hearts and souls.
"Any day I'm vertical is a good day"...that's what I always say.If you ask me,"How are you?"I'll answer, "GREAT!" because in saying so, I make it so.When Life gives me dark clouds and rain, I appreciate the moisture that brings a soft curl to my hair. When Life gives me sunshine, I gratefully turn my face up to feel its warmth on my cheeks.When Life brings fog, I hug my sweater around me and give thanks for the cool shroud of mystery that makes the familiar seem different and intriguing.When Life brings snow, I dash outside to catch the first flakes on my tongue, relishing the icy miracle that is a snowflake. Life's events and experiences are like the weather - they come and go, no matter what my preference.
So, what the heck?!I might as well decide to enjoy them. For indeed, there IS a time for every purpose under Heaven. And each season brings its own unique blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment